Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Humble Man From Mexico - A Decendant From A King?

I am anxious for FamilyTree to roll out to the world. It is currently in beta with many features functioning well.  One of the most popular articles I have written is found by clicking this line: FamilyTree Will Change Genealogy Research Forever. FamilyTree will be open to all people, at no cost. It will be awesome.

One of the reasons I discuss is sharing research. We can work on documenting our genealogy together. I present a great example here in this pedigree story about my grandmothers husband Thomas Salinas. Thomas is the one I want to consider as my grandfather, he was who my mother knew as daddy.

The initial family tree church program is new family search. It is a composite of many many sources of data. Some are incorrect. So, what I share with you may or may not be factual.

However, it is so intriguing I invite my children and my cousins to make this a project: prove this.

Here we go: We know that Thomas Salinas was a Mexican immigrant, living in Burley, Idaho. We know he ran a shearing sheep crew in several states. We also know he held an important position at a Potato processing plant in Burley and was the only Mexican employed there at the time. We know his mother died in Mexico due to problems related to his birth. We don't know a lot more than this. We don't even know for sure who his grandparents are.

However, it seems the Mormon Church research has linked Thomas, through there extensive research process, to some fascinating people. Now the challenge will be to document this heritage.

 Before you begin, I share the lineage goes back through Royalty of various countries to Kings and Queens, Prince, and Princesses. One time I traced it to King Edward of England, today to Louis VIII of France. It included Countries of Aragon, Castille, Geneva, Hungary, Luxembourg, even Holland.

Now lets begin the fun: (With a FamilyTree account you will be able to follow this, so until then I have clipped photos of the tree.)



Louis VII King of France lived in 1215


No comments:

Post a Comment